Women at John Holland
John Holland is a workplace where all of our people thrive, regardless of gender. We are committed to levelling the playing field for our employees.
Women excel in a huge range of roles within our business, from carpenters and finance professionals to Project Directors and Executives…and everything in between.
Our CEO, Joe Barr, is passionate about ensuring that John Holland is an inclusive place for women to work. He is a public supporter of women’s career development and growth as well as a Pay Equity Ambassador.
- We were the first construction company to implement a paid parental leave scheme and are continuously refining this to ensure it meets the needs of our people.
- We annually review our like-for-like gender pay gap.
- We were one of the first companies in Australia to explicitly make full parental leave entitlements available to employees who experience a stillbirth.
- Flexible working
- Paid Primary Carers leave of 18 weeks, and secondary carers leave of 3 weeks
- Continuation of superannuation payments whilst on paid and unpaid Parental Leave for up to 18 weeks
- 15 keep in touch days whilst on Parental Leave
- Return to work program including toolkits for employees and managers
- Leadership development programs and mentoring opportunities